My Journey from Misery to Ministry

"You asked, 'who is this who questions My wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about; things far too wonderful for me." ~Job 42:3

Saturday, March 6, 2010

24. So Much More than Me

"What do you see, on the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea, a pale moon rises
Your ship has come to carry you home..."
~Annie Lennox

What a crazy time. Dad has constant needs that demand near full-time care, and my darling mom, his care-giver, is down herself. She had major surgery on February 18th, and seven days later, on the day she was due to be discharged from the hospital she developed severe complications and was rushed into more surgery. She finally did come home March 1st, and her dear sister flew up help with the transition and initial care she will require. On top of that, daughter Kimi had painful rotator cuff surgery and is moderately disabled herself, depending on me alone to drive her everywhere. We're hoping she'll be able to start driving a car this weekend.

This morning Aunt Kathleen left to go back home to Sacramento and I have to say, things are sure different here at the house. There is no doubt in my mind that God has placed me here for two purposes: one, to take care of my folks and two, to focus my ongoing emotional pain and anguish on something more positive. Taking care of two adults with full time medical needs is more than a full time job, and it keeps my mind too busy to miss my old life in Olympia.

Today the sun was out, the weather was warm, and the cherry trees are in full peak bloom. It was a beautiful day; thank You, Creator! Thank You also, for the blessing of two wonderful sisters: Dad's sister Janet, to whom we were able to send him during Mom's initial surgery, and Mom's sister Kathleen, aka Sissy, who dropped everything when I called and asked her to fly up and help out. I love you gals!

No comments:

Post a Comment