My Journey from Misery to Ministry

"You asked, 'who is this who questions My wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about; things far too wonderful for me." ~Job 42:3

Saturday, April 17, 2010

31. Getting By

The time I spend in fellowship with God has decreased.  I'm human--subject to human frailty, human limitations, human failures.  No one knows I need to spend more time with God than me.  (Except God.)  I can wake up and say today I'll get back into the Word, and start praying more till the cows come home but until I get that real happiness, peace, and joy is tied to those things, I will have to be content just getting through each day.

And getting through each day is exactly what I am doing now.  Some days happiness abounds, most days sadness, or worse... apathy rules the day.  Blank, complacent emptiness.  Exactly what the enemy of God wants.  Let's face it, if we are in a state of happiness and joy we thank God and offer Him praise.  If we're in a state of grief and sadness we beg God and ask him to help us out.   Either way, we're relating with our Creator.  It's when we feel neither joy nor sadness; neither thankfulness nor self pity; just plain apathy, that we're most likely to ignore God.   When there is no reason to commune with Him--that's when complacency settles in.  That's when the enemy celebrates.

I can just see the angels on apathy day:  jumping around, yelling our name, shaking us by the lapel, shouting hey... wake UP!  Don't you know the Creator adores you?  Don't you know He's calling your name right this very moment?  He wants to chat with you!  He wants to hold you, look you in the face, smile on you!  Don't ignore Him, talk to him!  Read His word, learn about Him.  Don't let Satan keep you fat and lazy... take back your joy!  Sing, dance, praise Him!  Do something.

Or don't.  And get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment